To return to WA, travellers must have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine and show they have had a negative test in the 72 hours before departure.
So mandatory vaccines are now a matter of when not if, adding to the already comprehensive list of lies Australians have been told in the previous 18 months. The argument to be used once again like clockwork to be some form of “as the facts change so must our response”. But this back-flip and let me be very clear this is a straight up back-flip on previous promises has come as no surprise to anyone who has been paying attention.
Whilst politicians being incompentent monsters is to be expected what has really shocked me is the rationalising of these events by the Australian population at large. A recent post by a friend brought to this clearly in focus when she said:
Thinking of my family and friends in Greater Sydney. Dreaming with you of what October will be like once we reach that 70% vaccination rate
Unless that dream is of rolling lockouts, arbitrary rules, a general severe reduction in freedoms and a complete disregard for the negative consequences of “defeating covid” I suspect she will be disappointed. Optimism is important but foolishness will not get us out of this mess.
Where this expectation that things will get better, once we hit a new arbitrary target comes from is a mystery to me. I still remember “14 days to flatten the curve” back in March 2020 which is now sailing past “500 days to eliminate a transmissible virus with no plans on international travel and using a vaccine that doesn’t stop transmission”.
But the list goes far beyond this, in the U.S we had you don’t need a mask, to wearing a mask, to wearing double or triple mask, to no need for a mask after vaccinations, to now wearing a mask once again. Back in Australia we had the NSW Premier exclaiming we won’t need any more lockdowns in March 2022, however we have given the most draconian restrictions yet with Sydney entering its 9th week of lockdowns. We had little chance of transmission during the BLM protest last year to avoiding talking to your neighbours this year. We had talk of vaccines wiping out covid to now simply reducing the severity of the disease once you catch it. We were told that vaccines are completely safe to now multiple deaths of healthy young people from blood clots. We were told you only need one shot of the vaccine which become double shot and will now be an annual booster shot at minimum.
At what point will the majority of Australians stop believing what they are being told and ask questions. We still have 75% of Australians supporting lockdowns. Regardless if that is a dodgy poll or uneducated Australians or a genuine love for big brother it is a disturbing result. When we will hold decision makers responsible and demand transparency behind their decisions and their plans moving forward?
I can help with a few questions:
- If Israel vaccination rate for adults is well over 80% why are they still looking at lockdowns?
- If the vaccine doesn’t stop transmissions are we looking at lockdowns indefinitely?
- What plans does the government have with regards to international travel. Are we to become North Korea or are we prepared for the virus to return to Australia should we open the borders?
- What studies are we using to make the assumption that masks work?
- Why are anti-viral drugs Hydroxycholoroquine and Ivermectin considered unsafe despite being used for 90 years collectively but a vaccine rolled out in less then a year is totally fine for the entire population?
- Why do politicians keep referring to “the experts” or “the science” like its some monolithic thing when there are conflicting opinions amongst the experts and science?
- When did we decide that personal health matters were the responsibility of politicians? Where will we draw the line in the future, will we be forced to exercise daily, ban sugar, ban dangerous activities or have fitness watches sending data to big brother daily to ensure we are getting enough steps in?
- Why the hell do we let politicians get away with ridiculous and contradictory rules such as having to sit down when having a drink, or not allowing dancing at a wedding.
- Why do we need to wear a mask and be double vaxxed?
- Why do we need to quarantine even with a negative result? Does that mean the test don’t work?
Feel free to add your questions below.